Want to log important RS232 data?
- Need a low cost, reliable way to log RS232 serial port data?
- Are you looking for something that is easy to use?
- Do you want to log from one or even two pieces of equipment at
the same time, but don't want to use PCs, Laptops or PDAs?
- Do you need to log output from civil or military GPS receivers?
- Do you want something small, portable, low power and light weight to
slip into your pocket?
- Need to record binary, ASCII or a mixture in any message
format you want as standard with NO resolution or data formatting
- Don't want to worry about losing data because the recorder battery
has run out?
- Need to just switch on and leave the equipment data logging for
several days at a time?
- Just want to push an 'On' button to do the lot instead of running
- Don't want to wait for your system to 'boot up' each time you just
want to log something?
- Want to initialise your equipment in the field but don't want to
bring a PC, Laptop or PDA with you?
Then you are on the right page!
AntiLog is the ideal way to record your RS232 data
without requiring a PC, PDA or laptop computer. In use
throughout the world, this simple to use, high performance
data logger simply plugs into your RS232 data source and
it will log data as soon as it is switched on.
- Very low power operation. Typically only 58mW when recording (V5.2).
- High capacity storage options (up to 32GByte with V5.2).
- Easy to use. Data collection can be performed by non-technical staff.
- Very high performance operation, e.g. full rate recording at 460800 baud (V3.7).
- Baud rates supported: 110 to 460800 and user defined.
- Uses the most comprehensive and user friendly terminal configuration menu system.
- No need to install custom software on a PC to configure your unit.
- No need for "configuration jumpers" or hidden "setting switches".
- Single (V3.7) or dual channel (V5.2) recording and playback options.
- GPS NMEA sentence filtering and sub sampling options.
- Powerful time stamping options, even for full eight bit binary data (V5.2).
- Single or dual channel event recording, user command outputs, equipment polling.
- Real time playback (even for dual channel version).
- Wide power source operating range from 4.5V to 18V.
- Built in bootloader allows new embedded software upgrades via the internet.
For a more complete description of AntiLog's
capabilities, please take time to view the following
product information sheets for the two current AntiLog
embedded software releases:-
See the upgrade release history for AntiLog here.
Simply push the 'On' button to start AntiLog recording your serial
port data. Hold the 'Off' button down to stop a data logging session
and switch the unit off. Simply switch on and off like this to
continue RS232 data logging as you require, data will be appended to
the store - it's as easy as that!
You hold the 'On' button down for more than a second to put the
unit in playback mode. In this mode, you can configure the system to
your needs. A menu system appears which you can view and operate
using any serial port terminal application. With this menu system you
define exactly how AntiLog handles data recording and playback. This
is how you set recording and playback serial port settings, recording
and playback modes (e.g. 'real time') and all other options.
While in playback mode, simply push the 'On' and 'Off' buttons as
many times as you want to start and stop data replay. You hold the
'Off' button down for more than a second to switch the unit off as
You are not restricted to playing back data at the same baud rate
it was recorded. You can also optionally embed recorded time tag
information in playback data streams. All settings are non-volatile
so you only have to set them once even if all sources of power are
There is also no need to transport an enormous power source around
with you because instead of consuming hundreds of milliwatts or more
of power, AntiLog can record RS232 data happily for days on a single
PP3 battery. As an example, AntiLog uses typically just 80mW
(including media power consumption) to record full rate continuous
binary data at 115200 baud. AntiLog has the ability to dynamically
reduce power consumption based on baud rates in use less than 115,200.
This means AntiLog is ideal for recording GPS NMEA receiver data which
is generally transmitted at a rate significantly less than 115,200
AntiLog V5.2 can further reduces power consumption if no RS232 data
is being received or transmitted. This can result in up to a further
25% power saving in trials situations compared to the standard V3.7
All boxed versions of AntiLog come complete with all you need to
get you started. You get an RS232 NULL modem cable (to allow you to
connect AntiLog to a PC or equivalent to upload recorded data), a
printed manual, an Alkaline PP3 battery - and you even get a soft
zip-up carry case!
If the equipment you wish to log data from has a serial port
connection designed to fit into a standard PC, simply plug this
instead into AntiLog and you are ready to record the output from the
equipment. You may even record more data from your equipment than you
did before with a PC RS232 data logging program because the standard
serial port on a PC will miss data every once in a while, especially
if a Microsoft Operating System is in use and the equipment baud rate
is above 19200.
All AntiLog units now come as standard with an embedded software
bootloader which means you can now receive software upgrades via the
Single or dual channel operation
For most data logging applications you will only need
to record RS232 data from a single equipment source (e.g.
a GPS receiver). Our current AntiLog V3.7 release offers
high speed data capture (up to full rate 460,800 baud)
from a single serial port. AntiLog V3.7 offers a very
comprehensive set of features to allow you to capture and
replay data the way you want it.
AntiLog V5.2 release offers menu options to log and
playback up to two RS232 data sources at the same time.
It's just like having two V3 AntiLogs in a single box!
The RTS/CTS lines on the AntiLog serial port connector
become the second serial port. You can configure each
port for completely independent operation (e.g. different
baud rates, filtering, time stamping options, etc). Each
port supports it's own equipment polling and it's response
to button pushes during a recording session.
Not only is it possible to record from two channels
simultaneously, but you can play back two recorded sets of
channel data at the same time, even in real time! V5.2
also offers saving and retrieving of complete sets of user
options to a named store to allow almost instant
reconfiguration of your units for different trials
applications. This is particularly useful if you share a
unit between applications as you can recall a complete
configuration using a single menu option.
If you record two channels of RS232 data using the one
AntiLog unit, the two data streams also share a common
time stamping reference which can be ideal for later data
Available as an OEM module too!
The fully boxed product comes ready to use. Use our OEM module to
embed a high quality, single board, RS232 data logging solution into
your own product. The OEM module is built to last in demanding
situations. It uses robust surface mount construction and measures
only 50mm x 60mm. It is functionally identical to our boxed product
but it allows direct access to the removable FLASH media (socket
mounted under the card) and allows direct access to CMOS RS232
The OEM board only requires the addition of a power source, two
push to make switches ('On' and 'Off' buttons) and one bi-colour LED
to realise a complete RS232 data logging solution. You can use the
standard 2.54mm pitch, 2x8 pin header to interface directly to your
application. The pin header for example, allows direct connection
with OEM equipment (e.g. OEM GPS receivers) which require RS232
signal connections at CMOS levels.
For completely unattended use, we offer a Forced Power hardware
option (the 'P' option). With this option, you simply apply power to
start data logging and remove power to stop logging. Apply and remove
the power as much as you want to append data to the store. This
option is ideal in applications where user interaction is not
practical such as in vehicle installations, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
(UAVs) or process control systems in hostile environments.
Government and Military GPS receiver option
There are various Option Packs available to further extend the
features in AntiLog. One of these Option Packs is the 'M' option
which allows easy capture and replay of ICD-GPS-153, ICD-GPS-150 and
similar (ICD-GPS-15x) Government and Military data streams. The 'M'
option provides the following capabilities for the V3.7 and V5.2
- Includes all standard functions available in AntiLog.
- ICD-GPS-150, ICD-GPS-153 (ICD-GPS-15x) data stream compatible.
- Message 'autoconnect' feature to automatically request up to 8 user defined message IDs.
- Automatically sends out acknowledgements in response to acknowledge requests.
- LED flash sequence in record mode to show when checksum validated messages are being received.
- Compatible with RS232 output from SPGR, PLGR, DAGR and similar GPS receivers.
- Selectable 'real time' playback of ICD-GPS-15x data.
Additionally, the 'M'
option under AntiLog V5.2 also provides the following
- Selectable time tagging of all incoming IP messages to 1ms resolution.
- Button pushes (button events) can be inserted into data stream as IP messages during a trial.
- User defined equipment commands can be issued by button pushes and/or at a user defined repeat period.
- Real time playback can make use of any time tags in the logged data.
- Playback can hide (raw playback) or expand the time stamps into the output stream.
- Time tagging and message events implemented as intelligently inserted custom IP messages.
As AntiLog V5.2 can log two independent channels of data, you can
for example log two channels of time stamped ICD-GPS-153 data at the
same time with individual messaging requirements, or for example, one
channel of ICD-GPS-153 data and one channel of filtered NMEA (both
with or without time stamping enabled of course).
Need a quote or more information?
If so, please fill in and submit the form below and we will reply.
Do you need ten or more units?
For multiple orders, the following price breaks apply
|10 to 24 units
|25 to 49 units
|50 to 99 units
|We are able to supply very much higher quantities as required.
Please contact us for more details on higher volume pricing.
You can now buy AntiLog online
For any further information please contact us
using your email client at
Detail may be subject to change without notice. Data applicable to AntiLog embedded software V3.7 and V5.2b